Hajj 2022 : Almost 2000 J&K aspirants become non-eligible after Saudi Govt’s Age Bar announcement

Hajj 2022 : Almost 2000 J&K aspirants become non-eligible after Saudi Govt’s Age Bar announcement



Hajj 2022 : Almost 2000 J&K aspirants become non-eligible after Saudi Govt’s Age Bar announcement


Saudi’s Hajj Ministry announces pilgrims below 65 years of age entitled for this year’s Hajj, One million pilgrims to perform holy pilgrimage; Pilgrims to go through RTPCR test 72 hrs prior to departure ; Things will be clear within a few days whether draws are needed or all eligible pilgrims will be allowed for pilgrimage: J&K Hajj Officer

Jammu and Kashmir is set to see a dip in the number of pilgrims undertaking the journey as at least 2000 Haj aspirants have become non-eligible for this year’s holy pilgrimage due to age-bar set by the Saudi regime.

The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah—Makah Saturday announced that one million pilgrims both foreign and domestic, will perform Hajj this year. 

The ministry, however, said that this year’s Hajj is open to those who are under 65 years of age and have received the main Covid-19 vaccinations approved by the Saudi Ministry of Health.

Pilgrims coming from outside the Kindgom are qqqqlqrequired to submit a negative Covid-19 PCR test result from a test performed within 72 hours of the time of departure to the Kingdom,” reads the Hajj announcement note issued by the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah—Makah.

Talking to news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), State Executive Hajj Officer Dr Abdul Salaam Mir said that almost 12000 applications were received by the Hajj office J&K this year. 

“ Now that the Saudi government has set an age-limit of below 65-years, some 2000 pilgrims won’t be eligible for the Hajj this year,” he said. 

“ We have almost 2000 applications from the pilgrims who are above 65 years.

He said that most probably the remaining 10,000 pilgrims may all become entitled for the Hajj 2022 depending on the final quota distribution by the Government of India. 

“ Things will become clearer within a couple of days,” Dr Mir said.

He said from this end, all the preparations have been made and now that the announcement has been made for Hajj 2022, they will speed up the further process that includes submitting money, passport and other relevant documents.

J&K Hajj aspirants were in a fix as the Saudi government had been delaying the quota announcement. Hajj2022 will take place after two years (2020, 2021) as it remained suspended due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Upbeat over the announcement, Ghulam Qadir Rather, 63, a Hajj aspirant, told KNO said that he was feeling relieved over the Saudi government’s decision of allowing the Hajj this year. 

“ The J&K government should made clear whether it will allow all the aspirants aged up to 65 or go for draws,” he said.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
close